Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Art Links

Today is my mother's birthday. So, happy birthday mom. Here are the art links for this week. A little bit of everything, I think.













24 Adorable dead animals. Who doesn't think these are great? Click here to see the images.

Damien Hirst talking about his exhibition at the Tate in 2012. Say what you want to say but I like some of these pieces. Click here to watch the video. 

Elena Soboleva's 2013 Preview in ArtMarket Monitor. I am particularly interested in #4. Do you really think there is such a shift taking place? Is the age of the art star upon us? Wasn't it already? Click here to read the article. 

I want to be able to write art reviews like Andrew Russeth does with this article in the GalleristNY. Tell us what you really think about Nate Lowman, Russeth. "Nate Lowman: I Wanted to Be an Artist but All I Got Was This Lousy Art Caree" Click here to read the article. 

I like videos like this because I am still nothing but an idiot that still laughs at stupid things. So, here is a funny blowjob video by Tadaocern. Click here to watch it. Yes, it IS safe for work.

Speaking at laughing at stupid things. Here is a list of the 25 Funniest AutoCorrects of 2012. Click here to check them out. 

I am scared of flying. It is like the third most thing I am afraid of in the world, squids are number 1, choking to death is number 2. Here is an article in the 10 Most Dangerous Airports. Click here to see the places I will never visit.  Oh, what the hell is up with #5?

How do we as artists and patrons and art dealers deal with e-commerce? Does Carter Cleveland have the answer? Click here to read an article in the Economist about it. 

Someone took the time to animate Maurice Sendak's final interview with Terri Gross. Click here to watch it. 

Every Pop Culture Reference from Tarantino Movies. Click here to see them in chronological order. 

No comments: